Trends that follow the availability and price of resources
Feeding Good developed various macrotrends that show the impact of resource prices and/or consumer perceptions on food. Those macrotrends can be used to understand changes in food systems and food cultures and if implemented result in more resilient food cultures and systems. Do you want to understand the future of the pig industry or understand why not to invest in artificial meat?, hire Feeding Good for a presentation or workshop.
Some of the macrotrends are:
- Food cultures will change as a result of using ingredients with a lower footprint
- The size of the future food industry will be directly related to the amount of available nutrients
- Future farming location will be determined by the relationship between the amount of resources used in production and transport
- Changing power in the food chain will strengthen the position of farmers and consumers
- Food security is created regionally risks are imported